October 15, 2015

J u n e J o o n J a x x | Q&A with LOUISE ZHANG



Louise Zhang - Artist

Where are you based?
Sydney, Australia

Favorite Website
Wikipedia - there is a group on Facebook I am a part of 
called Cool Freak's Wikipedia where we share cool 
and freaky wikipedia texts.

Guilty Pleasure
Lollies and coffee

Most listened songs
Spectre - Bibio mix by Tycho and Bibio
Antenna - Bonobo
Amika - Sufjan Stevens

What's on your desk
Currently, pens, brushes, paper, a fem, a baby chamaedorea palm, 
a drawing of Spongebob and a portrait of myself by 
my god-nieces and lots of ink stains from drawing

In-flight gadget
Sketchbook, pencil, pen and ink

Favorite Gallery
Sarah Cottier Gallery, Artereal, 
Firstdraft Gallery and Factory Gallery in Seoul


Favorite Book
The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessao 
along with Damned by Chuck Palahnuik

Magazine you always buy
  Lula Magazine

Someone you admire
There are many people I admire. Many of my peers are artists or work within the arts and have strong determination and intense work ethics all motivated by what they love. I am constantly in awe of them and encourage by there actions and presence.

I guess if I had to choose someone not around me I'd say writer and poet Fernando Pessoa. He just kept writing bitterly wonderful texts. He was a bit of a loner, an intense observer and wrote under many heteronyms. Pessoa although while he was alive published a few books, he was a prolific writer and majority of his 10000's of pages of writings was discovered in a trunk when he passed. 
I encourage anyone to pick up The Book of Disquiet. What a guy!


Perfect Sunday
Doing absolutely nothing. All just sleeping. Sleep. 
Gosh damn sleep is wonderful.

Dream Concert
Sufjan Stevens & Teebs = MAGIC

Favorite place in the world
I had just come back from a brief trip to South Korea. 
I have never been. I want to go back. Take me back.

Hobby
...editing people's Cargo Collective...

Favorite Blog

Favorite Drink
Long Blacks

Most precious object
A silver ring with a tiny diamond my grandfather handed 
down to me when he passed. 


Biggest Accomplishment
Becoming represented by Artereal Gallery - Rhianna rocks. I love her. 
Everyone should write artsy love letters to her.



▲ Louise Zhang Interview Exclusive for June Joon Jaxx▼




0 comments:

Post a Comment